It's Our Ground; Stand It


"What if you could join an army to fight global environmental catastrophe? If you could simply enlist and say, give me whatever I will need to fight this thing, give me a cot, teach me how to fight, and I will fight it?
I’ll bet lots of people would join such an army.
But there is no such army to join."


He's wrong, there are armies to join. Unfortunately, most of them are labeled terrorist organizations by various governments beholden to corporate interests. Which says a lot about the state of environmental protection and awareness in our culture. Our future was given a price and it has been bought and sold cheaply by people who have only the next quarter's profits in mind. We never put it up for sale, but the laws say they own it now. Of course, laws mean nothing when they exist to protect stolen property, stolen resources, stolen wealth, stolen time.

But that leaves people with a mind to protect the futures of themselves and their loved ones in an awkward situation.
..

No comments: